Application Support – Computer Operator (Tier 1)
These individuals must have high quality work ethics. The work will require constant attention to application log monitors, queue monitors, and other indicators of the system health. Error or failure conditions will be few and far between, but they MUST be detected and responded to without delay. Additionally, the system being monitored is a fielded system. Any downtime could translate to hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue for the client. Consequently, diligent monitoring is required. Finally, respect for the level of access to be granted for monitoring capabilities must be understood by the candidate and treated accordingly.
- Strong Computing Skills is a must (Unix experience desired)
- Experience with High Availability computing environments is a plus
- Tier 1 Support experience is a plus
- The ability to stay attentive and react quickly when the unexpected occurs.
- Good written & verbal communications skill and experience discussing technical issues and generating written reports
- Experience working with a Customers is a plus