Chief Software Engineer
he NVS Chief Software Engineer (CSWE) will be the technical lead for all SW activities within the NVS Program. The NVS CSWE will be responsible for the planning, coordination, development, implementation and management of all program software and software related activities for the NVS Program. The candidate will lead NVS software planning for NVS and coordinate SW development support with the Voice System Enterprise (VSE), VCS21 project, VPG, and other support organizations. The NVS CSWE will be the primary customer point of contact for all SW related issues.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Direct NVS SW build baseline for labs and deployed systems
- Plans SW builds and upgrades
- Lead NVS PTR/defect process and prioritization
- Coordinate VCS21 SW development support
- Lead all NVS SW related issues and actions
- Lead SW deployment and scrape & load processes
- Coordination of SW ROMs and Proposals
- Assess risk associated with SW deployments
- SW Configuration Management
- SW Analysis & Technical Waivers
- Maintain SW schedule generation & updates
- Coordinate SW tool development
- Track SW Licenses
- Coordinate all SW issues with FAA
- Resolve conflicts on SW technical issues
- Track issues in labs and prioritize working of defects
- Work with other teams for scheduling and technical conflicts
- Manage SW resources
- Attend ERB and NVS CCB
- Chair internal PTR/defect triage meeting
- Resolve issues identified by CM and QA
- Respond to FAA questions and action items
- Ensure design reviews are planned out, executed, and action items closed
- Plan activities with other teams (PM, PE, SE, SIT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of EVM and ETC processes
- BS in Computer Science, or other related computer disciplines is required.
- 10+ years’ experience with Software Engineering
- Experience with C++ or C#
- Previous Engineering Leadership (such as CSWE, Project Engineering, or Project Management) experience.
- Previous Experience engaging and interacting with customers.