Summary of Position: The Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight, implementation and effective management of the following components within the organization. The Facilities Manager is also responsible for establishing policy and communication of the overall strategy for all activities with this scope of responsibility. The role also provides leadership, systems and management for all facilities functions and objectives for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, where applicable:
A. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building facilities, infrastructure, utilities and security
- Manufacturing equipment upgrade and installation
- Manufacturing work environments
- Maintenance and preventive maintenance tracking and scheduling
- Environmental and safety management
- Management of facilities and maintenance staff
B. Specific responsibilities for maximum results and to avoid typical obstacles:
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance, repairs, and improvements.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections.
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate intra-office moves.
- Supervise installation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Oversee facility refurbishment and renovations.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as conference spaces, reception, security, cleaning, kitchen/eating, waste disposal and parking.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency, both within the facilities organization and in support of other functions and departments. These descriptions are job overviews and are not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify these descriptions as it deems appropriate. Matrix Composites Proprietary Information Form QS-007-3 rev B Page 2 of 3
- Work closely with purchasing to define, request and obtain quotes and proposals from vendors and suppliers.
- Calculate and compare costs for facility/maintenance supplies and services to maximize cost-effectiveness.
- Assist in negotiating facilities improvement, maintenance and installation contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving.
- Coordinate and monitor activities of contract suppliers related to facilities and/or maintenance.
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facility management needs are being met.
- Ensure delivery schedules, quantity and quality criteria are met.
- Ensure efficient utilization, adequacy and competence of facility maintenance staff.
- Prepare and track facility expenses and budgets.
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of Key Performance Indicators. facility-related budgets, contracts, expenditures and purchases.
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives related to facilities, maintenance or equipment.
- Advise on and monitor energy efficiency.
- Oversee and assure compliance to all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
- Assure physical security of the facility.
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures.
- Coordinate Emergency Response Team (ERT) activities and responsibilities.
- Provide prompt response to Maintenance Requests and from company personnel
- Other duties as assigned by management.
C. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Success Metrics:
- Machine Down Time – As an active contributor and team member, ensure an overall and continuous KPI of ≥ 98% production on time delivery, by minimizing and eliminating machine down-time and subsequent lost manufacturing capacity.
- Maintenance Request Response Time – Maintain a 24 hour maximum internal response time to acknowledge internal Maintenance Requests, with scope and lead-time.
- Compliance to Regulations – Maintain 100% compliance to all new and existing environmental, safety, and building code regulations.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing all primary aspects of Facilities in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the aerospace industry.
- A minimum of 5 years direct experience in managing Preventive Maintenance. These descriptions are job overviews and are not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify these descriptions as it deems appropriate. Matrix Composites Proprietary Information Form QS-007-3 rev B Page 3 of 3
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; good interpersonal skills and organizational skills; ability to be highly organized, detail oriented and able to respond to change quickly. Strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills including the use of MS Office products such as Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Preventive Maintenance scheduling/tracking applications.
- Excellent problem-solving, project management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle tasks with competing priorities effectively. 8. Working knowledge of FMEA/Risk Management principles and practical applications.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing workspace design/layout and industrialbased construction, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of electronic controllers, PLC’s, and data acquisition systems.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Basic computer hardware/systems, IT infrastructure and phone system knowledge.
- Must be a United States Citizen or a U.S. Person.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken).
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Use hands, fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hand and arms; talk and hear. The associate must occasionally lift/and move up to 10 pounds.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Proof of United States Citizenship or Right-toWork in United States