From Idea to Product. Under One Roof.
Get your product made and in your customer’s hands as soon as possible.
We know one of the most rewarding milestones for many start-up businesses is creating a prototype. It is that first tangible representation of your hard work. That is why Groundswell Startups has teamed up with member AK3D to offer in-house 3D printing prototyping. We break down the barriers many entrepreneurs face with our new state-of-the-art additive manufacturing lab.
Key Benefits of In-House Prototyping
Our skilled designers help you refine your product design along the way.
Gain valuable feedback from our community, starting at the early stages of development.
3D printing packages for Groundswell members at a special rate.
You have big ideas, so we design every prototype with scale in mind.
3D printing capabilities
- A material list that includes PLA, ABS, PETG, ASA, carbon fiber, nylon, TPU, polycarbonate and polypropylene.
- Small-to-large scale format FDM printers capable of producing parts up to 20" x 20" x 20" cubic inches.
- Resin printers that can produce high quality parts, similar to injection molded parts (produce multiple parts at once in the same amount of time).
- Small-to-medium scale printers, 8" x 8" x 5" cubic inches.
- A injection molding machine that can do a shot volume of 1.1 cubic inches, including the construction of molds to use with the machine.
- Use of silicones, urethanes and other castable materials.
- Capability to print copper, bronze and stainless steel - coming soon!
- Variety of color options, including the ability to dye resins for unique colors.
- CAD design that is done on SolidWorks, Inventor and Fusion 360, and specialty design for additive manufacturing.
Do you need full life-cycle product development support?
Within our network of highly-skilled professionals, we have companies who offer full life-cycle product development management - they can take you from a back of napkin idea to full product realization.
We can also connect you to vetted manufacturing resources when you are ready to scale. Need to build a website, marketing plan, and brand identity for your product? We invite you to tap into our resources and talent - everything you need is right under our roof.
Visit us at Groundswell Startups to learn more
about our prototyping lab and product development capabilities.